Burpees can be a major part of crossfit and we have developed a number of burpee workout routines. A burpee is an awesome exercise that works out your whole body and can be mixed into any workout.
First lets answer, “what is a burpee.” A burpee is a full body exercise used in strength training and as an aerobic exercise. The basic movement is performed in four steps and known as a “four-count burpee”:
- Begin in a standing straight up with your arms by your side.
- Move down into a squatting position and place your hands on the ground. (count 1)
- Kick your feet back, and move into a push up position. (count 2)
- Do a push up (count 3)
- Then jump back up into a squatting position (count 4)
- Finally jump inot the air as high as you can (count 5)
This video shows how to do the burpee correctly:
Try one of these burpee routines and let us know how they work out.
- Time 5 Min
- sets 2.5
- Do burpees for 30 seconds and then rest for 30 seconds
- Time 30 min
- While watching your favorite TV show do burpees every commercial break
- Time avg 3 hours
- 2 burpees every time a new batter comes to the plate
- 2 burpees every time a pitcher strikes out a batter
- 3 burpees at the beginning of every inning
- 10 burpees for every home run
- 1 burpee for every hit
- 2 burpees for every double
- 5 burpees for every triple
Make sure to check out our beginners crossfit exercise to get started.